The New Method No One Is Talking About Yet!

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Franklin, Oct 31, 2015.

1. stuff1

stuff1 New Member

Any ideas on this shopify issue?

I created my account, being from the UK it created a shopify UK account.

I created my store and added my niche product etc. Bought a .com domain name and redirected it. Works for now but would be nice to have each page as domain.com/whatever instead of redirecting it to my-niche-here.myshopify.com/whatever

anyway my store is up and running BUT it only shows the price in GBP £ and not any other currencies, and I can only add the GBP price. Considering I am going to target the US only this is a bit of a bummer.

Also how do you order in Aliexpress to different addresses? Because it wishes me to order to the same address each time - my home address.

Thanks!

2. Davain

Davain New Member

Your domain can be set up like that. You most likely just did it in the reverse.

Try checking the app store if there are any currency converter apps (I'm sure there are).

3. stuff1

stuff1 New Member

The currency app is more expensive than the Shopify subscription lol!

4. Davain

Davain New Member

Haha. Wouldn't have thought.

5. Tim01

Tim01 Pro Affiliate

I'm from Australia and my store's currency is USD. It is in the store settings somewhere.

I can't get the pixel working. It is driving me mad! I tried the head tag, I tried the additional scripts field. Nothing!

Vytau likes this.
  6. Vytau

Vytau New Member

You are not alone :)
    I wrote to Facebook already. If I will clarify this issue I'm posting here asap.

Can anyone explain this clearly:
    [​IMG]

7. Franklin

Franklin I don't Do PMs Sorry Admin VIP

What would you like explained? You need to put in shipping prices ;)

Also guys here is some insane proof that this shit is working. This guy is using another method to get sales but he has like 20 or something so far i think in a couple days.

Login To See Link

8. Franklin

Another person who is doing this method.

Login To See Link

patser likes this.
  9. Tim01

Tim01 Pro Affiliate

I don't want to jinx myself, so far today I have made $150 from a $25 ad spend. All because I finally fixed the pixel. I needed to make my domain name the only domain for the store and make other domains (like the shopify subdomain) redirect to the main domain. Seems to fix any confusion.

Franklin likes this.
  10. stuff1

stuff1 New Member

My chosen niche is for the wrong season (summer) I think.

Struggling to think of a cheap product like those fishing lures that are, well, not fishing!

11. Nermin

Nermin New Member

I have setup facebook ad and I am wonderig why am I beeing charged for the views, see screenshot I attached. I thought I would only be charged if someone buys something from my website, thats why I had setup pixel so that this could be tracked.

Attached Files:

12. Franklin

What are your interest etc?. To me it looks like a lunch and pray advert or do you have multiple ads in that add set? As I've stated before people should test with at least 5 adverts, I will post what I wrote in another forum. Making a random advert doesn't work, you need to test and find winners. I'm not sure why it's charged you for a reach of 400. Only reason for that would be because the advert is unoptimised. Sometimes Facebook will charge you for clicks/impressions even though you are using a conversion pixel but this is because the advert isn't optimised.

This is what I wrote on another forum

Login To See Link

As for an optimised advert you will still get charged per 1000 impressions but it's usually insanely cheap because you are using a conversion pixel and the real prices comes when the person takes an action like buying a product on the site. Facebook will then include the impression price into the conversion price giving you a total conversion price. This is why you should do test adverts then choose the winners. The winners will be the ones where you then spend most of the money on the conversion. Hence optimised conversion advert. Your winning advert will then have all variables included into the total conversion price. So if you have a conversion price of $2 this will include any other charges like impression IF FB is charging you for them.

It's basic mathematical equations really, You are competing with other people for the advert space on Facebook, Facebook will show your advert at a cost. The cost depends on the price for the interest. So if you are targeting just fishing in US & CA then imagine how many other people are targeting that? Anyhow you will possibly lose a little money when testing then the winner will make up for it big time.

You won't be getting charged for views, it will be for impressions however thats wayyyy to much for 400 so you need to test and optimise big time.

I'm also not sure why people follow my tutorial exactly and use lures as well, That was just an example I wasn't telling people to advertise them. I've never researched it and I would imagine the advertising space is dominated but massive companies like pro bass etc. This in turn will raise the price.

I would suggest finding a super tight niche and optimising multiple adverts :cool: If you want to stick with fishing then go in depth with the interest and target sub fishing niches and specific parts of a country.

You could also sell dog products and just target people who like all those dog pages on FB etc, they are passionate. Think outside the box ;)

Wilson Pon and Nermin like this.
  13. Vytau

Vytau New Member

Anti-brag:
    [​IMG]
    Adwords is cheaper.

I went and targeted MEN / Niche with 200 000+ interested in one of outfit accessories and this is the result. I've got 9 visits! Like 0.50$ for one click..
    I don't get it. It seems that niche is fine, targeting is also not bad, my timeline ad isn't super high end but it is quite good I think, don't know why I get this.

14. Franklin

Yes but do you just have 1 advert going and thats it?. Please refer to this.

Login To See Link

15. KayLush

KayLush New Member

I have everything set up with what i think is a good niche but the problem is that my pixel just won't work. Been stuck on this for few days and can't find the problem. Why is this such an issue with FB finding the pixel on shopify, do I need to make a sale first before it will work?

16. KayLush

KayLush New Member

I had the same problem, the only way I could change it was to use paypal, only then was I able to select a different currency.
    Hope that helps.

stuff1 likes this.
  17. Tim01

Tim01 Pro Affiliate

Went from making $120 profit yesterday, to -$10 loss today. Weird. Not sure what happened.

18. Franklin

Same advert any everything?

19. Tim01

Tim01 Pro Affiliate

Yes, everything was the same. Same budget, same interests, same products... literally changed nothing.

20. stuff1

stuff1 New Member

So I have another store created. Probably going to run the first one in Summer BUT if you want to freeze your store Shopify charge you $14.99 a month which is annoying.

The second one I have everything nailed except item weights. I have some items on my store that weight 0.06lb and others that weight 20lb. So if I set shipping settings like 1-2lb $10 then people could buy 10 of the low weight items and get 9 of them free! But I can't see how I can possibly set like, 10,000 individual shipping weights to counter this?

I worked out the weight from the description on AliExpress BUT I think something got lost in translation as I can't see how this item can weight just 0.06lb.

I have rather cheekily asked a competitor on FB under the disguise of a customer how much this item weighs ha ha

This competitor must be RINSING IT if they get any sales? They sell this product for $10.99 USD + $25 USD shipping... they sell on AliExpress for $4USD and free shipping...