Shopify Video Series.. learning The eCom Method

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Franklin, May 18, 2016.

1. Franklin

Franklin I don't Do PMs Sorry Admin VIP

I have some time to kill over the next week so I'm going to do a few videos covering the Shopify method. I'm going to use this time to work on my own Shopify store so makes sense to get some videos out at the same time. This thread is just here to share the videos for anyone who is interested.

Video #1 Finding a niche.
    My method is vert basic but works for me so thought i would give it a share. Really just involves notepad and a little diligence.

Keep it real homies, stay lifted.. take action.
    [​IMG]

ctlo, mapomapo and Zanskar like this.
  2. Zanskar

Zanskar New Member

Awesome! Thanks so much Franklin. Waiting for FB Ads video tutorial! :)

3. michael Rayburn

michael Rayburn New Member

Great video Franklin! Thank you for all the help you give!

4. mapomapo

mapomapo New Member

Hi Frank!
    Your video it's very helpful and clear but I have a question for you:
    How do you deal with shipping duties?
    In most of the european countries if you buy something from china you have to pay duties that are around 15%to35% of the value of the goods and this could be a bad surprise for the customers that buy from your ecommerce.
    How do you overcome this problem?
    Thanks

5. Franklin

That's the buyers problem and is the case with perry much every business. Shopify can autogenerate terms for your website for you and it's stated in there.

6. mapomapo

mapomapo New Member

Thanks for your reply!
    Just to understand better what you mean...in my shopify's T&C I have to explain that all products are shipped from China?
    In this way, if the customer buy something from my shop it's implicit that he should know (I used "should" because none read T&C usually) where my products come from and the fact that he will be charged also for duties. Buying from me is the evidence that he is accepting all this conditions, is this right?

7. Franklin

It's up to you really but all mine says is. "products shipped from overseas and will take 7-15 days. Duty tax might apply but this is your responsibility, check with your local customs office"

mapomapo likes this.
  8. Franklin

Got another video up, not really the video I intended on doing but hard to record right now because of storms. These videos won't really be in any paticular order but will try my best.

mapomapo likes this.
  9. Lion

Lion New Member

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your tutorial vid. I'm not sure if anyone had asked, but when you set up a shop using drop shipping, how do you handle the shipping fee if customer select several products that comes from different aliexpress supplier? Each will have their respective charge that you need to pay to the supplier when you place the order, but customer only check out once from your store, i.e they only pay 1 shipping fee. Any solution?

10. Jeff

Jeff Hustler

You need to factor in shipping fees when creating your listing price. Epacket shipping is pretty cheap anyway, $1-2. So if you have an item that costs you $5 + $2 shipping, price it at like $20, that is still $13 profit.

Lion likes this.
  11. Lion

Lion New Member

Thanks Jeff, I see what you mean. My mind had been stuck with shipping fee instead of factoring shipping into the selling price other than profit margin.

Do you exclude delivery to some countries? I remember doing some quick check in the past, and some shipping to certain countries have some crazy shipping fee.

12. Jeff

Jeff Hustler

I used to only send to us, UK, Canada, Australia and Mexico only but now I ship world wide. I never had one of those countries order yet and if the shipping was that outrageous I would just refund. I don't get too many orders like that though and when I do they get flagged as fraud orders most of the time anyway.

13. ZenithBlue

ZenithBlue New Member

Hey Franklin,
    You mention that you're better off having your own domain name to build brand. What if you already have a brand and a branded domain where your website is. Is it acceptable to just use the Shopify URL and link that to a STORE tab on your website?

Thanks!

14. Jangoz

Jangoz New Member

Shopify will take only your domain name not the whole store. But you can export your current store items into CSV file and then import that into your new Shopify store.

Login To See Link