Looking for a mentor

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Ocean Cleanup Guy, Sep 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ocean Cleanup Guy

Ocean Cleanup Guy New Member

Hey Peeps, I'm staring a shopify store that sells reusable plastic and biodegradable products, that help people cut down on plastic use and help support a couple ocean clean up projects that are going on.
    I really need a mentor who can do some pro-bono work with me and help me get this thing off the ground.
    If you have any time to check my site out and give me some advice I would really appreciate the help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Justin

2. Franklin

Franklin I don't Do PMs Sorry Admin VIP

I'm a bit busy atm but I might be able to have a look for you in a couple days :) Let me know in here if you haven't found someone by the end of the week and I'll have a look for ya

Ocean Cleanup Guy likes this.
  3. Ocean Cleanup Guy

That's awesome Franklin thanks. I'll check in with you by the end of the week if no one else has volunteered. In the mean-time the shop is called cleanupoceanplastic.com with a fan page of the same name - its currently open and I'm just working up to doing some ad campaigns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Ocean Cleanup Guy

Hey @Franklin , any chance you can look at this for me and give me some feedback? I know you're busy, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

5. Franklin

I've had a look at the store and I think it's fine. Only thing that really caught my eye is the logo is pretty big and I products I seen didn't have very good descriptions. As for the products I don't know a lot about that niche so can't really give you any advice on that :(. The site itself I think is fine :)

6. Ocean Cleanup Guy

So scale down the logo and build up the descriptions a bit more. Okay, easy. Thanks for your help Franklin and the awesome work you do on your site. Its been really helpful.
    Justin

7. Ocean Cleanup Guy

Hey @Franklin what audiences would you try targeting?

8. Franklin

I don't give away info like that anymore last time I did that it failed on the person and they blamed me so I don't give out advice like that now sorry.