How To Get Backlinks From Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Franklin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Franklin

Franklin I don't Do PMs Sorry Admin VIP

Did you know that No-follow links actually matter? I used to think they were useless, sure they don't really hold much power but they still play an important role.

What do you think would happen if you had 100% Do-follow links pointing to your website? It probably doesn't look to good. I'm going to show you 2 ways that you can get the best No-follow links around, Wikipedia links. Even though these are No-follow it looks sexy having a link from a domain with a domain authority of 100! Your website value also goes up... seriously. If you sold it and mentioned that you had Wikipedia links you would definitely get more attention.

So my favourite way is buying the links (I'm lazy and would rather hang out with you guys:cool:). The best place to buy them would have to be

Login To See Link

. If you look around someone usually sells them for around $44. I wouldn't pay over $80, If it's a once off maybe but you can get them for free yourself with a little bit of work.

How to get these badass links for free

So this is my least favourite way because I'm lazy and they get checked by moderators. Don't let that put you off though, just be crafty.

First you need to go to

Login To See Link

and a keyword or your niche.

[​IMG]

As you can see I have a bunch of dead links I can edit. you can also change citation however I've only used the dead link method.

Once you have found a page you like click crtl+f and type in "dead link" to find it.

[​IMG]

Now, to edit this you will need an account but it's free so signing up is no problem. Simply click on the little "edit" button and make some changes.

[​IMG]

And that's it:) When I say that's it I mean that's the end of adding the link you will still have to get approved. Getting approved isn't very hard if the link is related or you have thought outside the box to make it look related.

This one is to my blog. Simple, found some drummer of a band and said he was the Head of Education of Online Dimes... lulz I mean of course I have no idea who he is but a link is a link right? Have fun.

[​IMG]

2. Art

Art New Member

How powerful are these links ? is it as powerful as the tumblr ones?

3. James

James New Member

In my experience, these links aren't powerful in terms of moving up rankings. As mentioned, they are no follow, so they aren't going to pass any link juice to your site. But they're a great way to pull some trust and round out the link building profile.

When G deindexed a ton of PBN site last Aug/Sept I had sites that lost almost all of their links. A bunch of them also got thin content penalties. The ones that I had bothered to build these Wiki links to received no penalty. So, it's a small sample size (Out of 10 sites, 6 were penalized and the 4 with Wiki links were fine) but I don't think it's unrelated. It's worth the time for free. (Could also easily train a VA to do this)

The method posted above is solid. The one thing I would add is that you get a better "stick" rate if you do some real, natural edits on the account a couple days before you switch your link. And they do track IP's.

Wilson Pon likes this.
  4. Franklin

Yeah that's a good idea, build up a little trust with Wikipedia, I have heard it's hard to get the links to stick sometimes.

5. Art

Art New Member

speaking of pbns whats your take on them? Is it worth building 100 of them? I've been thinking about it, but the only way its going to profit out is if I start an seo business I just don't see me ranking sites for clickbank products working to be honest. Clickbank is slowly dying the products are not that great and other affiliate programs aren't the best either

6. James

James New Member

100 people will give you 100 different answers on this, but here's my take. I think they are definitely worth it. They are still a major part of my link building efforts.

Yes, I think 100 site PBN could be worth it, but you'd have to have a need for links at scale for one that size. (If you think about the cost - if you can get hosting for $3 per month for each, that's $300 per month ongoing just for hosting. So ideally the sites you are link building from will be pulling in more than that). The other costs have gotten higher as well, because the content needs to better and the sites have to look (and be) more "real" than we could get away with in the past.

You also have to be able to absorb the risk that they (and the sites you link build) are somewhat disposable. If you make a mistake and get nabbed, you can lose a bunch of the PBNs and have money sites penalized. (Which is also something to consider if you are planning to link build clients sites from them).

I would start at a smaller scale. Do 20 or 25 and manage those for a while if you've never managed a PBN before. That way you can sort of mitigate the risk. As the SEO business takes off you can grow the PBN.

TheWolf likes this.
  7. Art

Art New Member

Thanks for the reply well said, my only concern would be that are 20 25 pbns enough to rank a site? I think low comp can be achieved however med and high comp with just pbns is not a great plan in my book you need more than pbns to rank now a days

8. James

James New Member

Yeah definitely, 25 is a good amount of links. If you build 3 per week, that's 2 months worth of links. You can always expand the PBN as you go along too if you feel you need to. You'll be able to see a couple weeks ahead of time you're going to need more.

And I totally agree you need to use more than just PBNs. I like to use PBNs for more aggressive anchor text (partial match and so forth) and then things like the Wikipedia method posted above, relevant blog comments if you can bare to spend the time and press releases (I go for quality and ask for nofollow links) to dilute the percentages. (So I'll use topical, brand or miscellaneous stuff on those)

9. Hatred

Hatred Sape, PBN Links, Repeat Admin VIP

I'll give my take on this. People think of PBNs as a means for selling links, like Art did. He has no reason to think otherwise because that is what is popularized about them. Art stated he could only justify it by starting an SEO business. I personally offer SEO services on another forum. I have a network for clients where I drop their links, OBL at around 10. For my own websites, every single one I create has their own PBN built. Needless to say it is an important part of my strategy. Finding solid domain providers has proven to be more and more difficult, prices going up and domain brokers leaving the business.

Also as far as costs go and creating a PBN read my guide I wrote for Franklin on his blog. Literally everything under the sun in regards to PBN building is in there.

Login To See Link

Also why would you tell him to get 20-25 sites? You have no idea what his own site would need. I buy sites as I need them, drop a few links, wait a week, evaluate. If I need more I buy more. This is what I've found in testing based on keyword competition. 5-10 links for low comp, 10-25 for med comp, 25+ for higher comp keywords.

Franklin likes this.
  10. James

James New Member

I just picked an arbitrary number less than 100, that's enough to rank a decent span of keywords. It wasn't intended as specific advice as something to go out and do. I simply meant I wouldn't run out and build 100 PBN sites.

11. Art

Art New Member

I like the way you approach yout look at what you need than you go off that. Last question if you don't mind. If I create a parasite let's say a WordPress rank it with gsa spam than I place my money site link on that parasite will I rank? What's your opinion on parasites?

12. Hatred

Hatred Sape, PBN Links, Repeat Admin VIP

Please stay on topic. This thread is for Wiki links. If I see more shit about PBNs/Parasites I'll just delete the messages. I answered your question in the parasite thread.

iamagod likes this.
  13. Art

Art New Member

My bad got it

Franklin likes this.
  14. Simon

Simon Pro Affiliate

Tried to do wikipedia. All my links got removed. Gotta be super careful. My links got removed after 3-4 days. They really check. If the link looks spammy or overtly promotional they'll eventually remove it.

Here's some resources:

Login To See Link

Login To See Link

15. Franklin

Damn that sucks, I should really go and check all my ones.

16. Simon

Simon Pro Affiliate

Yeah. I thought it was easy. I used wikigrabber and added relevant sites. It didn't work out. They're really strict with what gets placed on wikipedia. Your site has to look neutral, and it has to be well cited and sourced. There's a reason why some wikipedia sellers charge so much. If you really want a link from Wikipedia then I guess it's worth looking into buying from an established seller.

17. rahulvyas

rahulvyas New Member

worked for me, but didnt see any rank improvement yet, hope i do soon :)

18. Franklin

The wikipedia link probably won't give you any big movements. They are no follow, still passes juice but it's not really a massive hitter. These are very good for the link profile though.

19. rahulvyas

rahulvyas New Member

Thanks bottle rockets! Improved my knowledge

20. Insanity

Insanity New Member

Created and account but there was no option to 'edit' - perhaps you have to perform some minimum actions or something whacky before you can play! lol